Ang Drama ng Hapon
Last night, I stayed up until around 3:30 am, not because I was busy checking exam papers, nor writing something for my researches, not even because I was finishing the lesson plan I have to submit for a certain foundation. These mountains of work did not stop me from staying up late watching a 12-episode drama series shown in Japan in 1998.
I love Japanese dramas! Filipino telenovelas pale in comparison (personal ito, baka may magalit lalo na yung mga sumusubaybay ng Hanggang Kailan, maliban sa nanay ko!) Whereas, our telenovelas never seem to end, Japanese dramas changes like their seasons. In a year, they show four dramas (for spring, summer, fall, and winter). Naalala ko tuloy yung Mara Clara, mahigit limang taon yata yun!
The simple and fast-paced plot is refreshing. They focus on the main plot. The dialogues are straight to the point, walang paliguy-ligoy. Telenovela scriptwriters have this talent of telling something and doing it in circles. The story is not affected by any another situation in the country. When somebody dies, he stays dead. Hindi katulad ni Jestoni Alarcon sa Twin Hearts na namatay tapos nabuhay kase campaign season.
There are contrabida people but their actions are still rational. Ibig kong sabihin, hindi katulad ni Princess Punzalan sa Mula sa Puso at Kung Mawawala ka na buhay pa eh sinusunog na sa nagbabagang asupre ang kaluluwa dahil sa out-of-this-world na kasamaan! You can’t blame then, if somebody generalizes that Pinoys will plan ridiculous, absurd plots to get hold of money and power!
Ay grabe! I fell in love with this drama. I will share the plot in my next entry. :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home